Reducing the Cost of Requirements Engineering
Thursday, 22nd July 2021 | 20:30 – 21:30 CET
Requirements Engineering (RE) is central to the successful development of complex systems. Therefore, it has high visibility and management support. This is good because they advocate for RE activities…and bad, as simple metrics can be misleading. It can result in the creation of additional requirements becoming an objective when the goal should be to reduce the total number of requirements and associated costs.
Through a case study from a recent industry project, we will present a guideline for measuring the cost of RE, provide practical solutions for reducing the number and associated costs of requirements.
We will also address the human factors that play a role in RE and re-introduce successful technical solutions that have been replaced by mainstream methodologies in RE.
In this presentation, we will discuss:
The REAL costs associated with Requirements
The importance of people and management issues in Requirements
The value of reusing Requirements across domains
The promise of semantic MBSE for automated Requirements generation
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is for anyone who is:
Working in Systems Development
Responsible for Creating and Managing Requirements
Looking for arguments to employ MBSE
Interested in the Automation of Documentation
Limited spaces available. Save your seat and register now for FREE.
About your hosts…
Marco Di Maio
Marco is professor of Systems Engineering at Ingolstadt University. He holds a Master’s in Mechanical Engineering and Operational Research and a PhD in Nuclear Engineering.
- Managing Director of projectglobe – a consultancy firm specialising in Systems Engineering and Information Management
- Devising MBSE methodologies including CLOSE, a methodology that integrates Digital Twins into a model-driven development approach
- Working at Europe’s largest fusion laboratory, JET, where he was charged with designing novel diagnostics, one of which earned him a world-wide patent
Colin Hood is an expert in Requirements Engineering and Requirements Management, specialising in organisational change management and providing a wide range of requirements related training, coaching, and support.
- Principal of Colin Hood Systems Engineering, a consultancy which helps projects to transform their process descriptions and supports organisations world-wide to successfully improve quality and delivery through SE techniques.
- CEO for the HOOD Group, a company which provided world class tool training and support throughout Europe, for a wide range of industries.
- Founding member of International Requirements Engineering Board (IREB).
- Trainer for the Certified Requirements Engineering Professional (CREP) qualification.
- Author of many books on requirements management and requirements engineering.
Copyright 2020 SE-Training GmbH