Overview of Strategies for Implementing Systems Engineering
Thursday, 02. September 2021 | 20:30 – 21:30 CET
The Challenges of Implementing SE
In this free 1 hour webinar, we will be talking through some of the most common obstacles small-medium enterprises face when implementing Systems Engineering. For example:
Overcoming the 'Power of Precedence'
How do we avoid defaulting to ‘what we’ve always done before?’
Sustaining a Context for Systems Engineering
How do we ensure that we keep an eye on the big picture, whilst still accomplishing the details?
All good concepts attract not-so-helpful myths. How do we confront and manage these when implementing Systems Engineering?
These issues, along with many others, can occur during the first introduction of Systems Engineering and, indeed, throughout the lifecycle of a project and as your systems evolve.
These common problems can be found across all industries and across organisations of varying sizes.
Following an overview of these topics, there will be a discussion between Mike Johnson, Seb Klabes and Marco Di Maio detailing their expert perspective on these issues, and an opportunity for a Q&A to finish.
Who Should Attend?
If you find the subject of Systems Engineering intriguing and have questions, you will probably benefit from this webinar. In essence, this is for people who are interested in bringing in a systems approach to the way they manage and work within their project.
If you have thought about implementing Systems Engineering in your team, but don’t know how – this is for you.
If you have tried to implement Systems Engineering but faced resistance from personnel – this is for you.
If you are currently in the process of implementing Systems Engineering and would like to avoid surprise challenges along the way – this is for you.
If you’re still wondering about the value of Systems Engineering… then this is also for you!
Limited spaces available. Save your seat and register now for FREE.
About your hosts…
Mike is a Systems Engineering Manager, Consultant, Trainer and Coach with extensive experience in delivering complex systems and establishing Systems Engineering in the Defence, Space and Medical sectors.
- Head of Systems Engineering, Molecular Division, Roche Diagnostics
- Contributing author to: The Design Thinking Playbook
- Head of Systems Engineering, RUAG Space
- Systems Engineer for Thales Optronics, UK
Seb is a Systems Engineering professional with a sound academic and practical background in the analysis of complex systems in the transportation sector.
- Head of RAMS and Authorisation Management in the Mobility Division of Siemens Schweiz AG
- Project SE at Bombardier Transportation Switzerland AG
- Project Officer at Project Management Agency of the German Aerospace Centre (DLR)
- Research Associate at Institute of Transport Science RWTH Aachen
Marco Di Maio
Marco is professor of Systems Engineering at Ingolstadt University. He holds a Master’s in Mechanical Engineering and Operational Research and a PhD in Nuclear Engineering.
- Managing Director of projectglobe – a consultancy firm specialising in Systems Engineering and Information Management
- Devising MBSE methodologies including CLOSE, a methodology that integrates Digital Twins into a model-driven development approach
- Working at Europe’s largest fusion laboratory, JET, where he was charged with designing novel diagnostics, one of which earned him a world-wide patent
Copyright 2021 SE-Training GmbH